Counselors Corner
Information for seniors on scholarships, college visits and career related programs. Counselors Corner is emailed to seniors every Monday.   

University Honors Program at The University of Alabama at Birmingham
This nationally-acclaimed honors program offers an innovative and challenging interdisciplinary arts and sciences curriculum designed for honors students and taught by faculty members who are known for their excellence in teaching and scholarship.  Students wishing to apply to the University Honors Program must first apply to UAB.  The honors college admission criteria is a 28 ACT score and a 3.5 GPA.  Questions?  Email


Pharmacology for Medical Careers
The PassAssured Pharmacy Technician Training Program prepares individuals to pass national exams. Working as a CPhT is an excellent way to work while going to college.  For more information, visit


University of Montevallo 
The University of Montevallo is offering a Game Studies and Design minor. This minor will offer students a unique opportunity to academically explore the interdisciplinary concepts involved in gaming and design from a liberal arts perspective.  For more information, visit:

Center Pointe Fire District 
 The Center Point Fire District offers a volunteer program that provides training and opportunities to learn skills in the Fire and EMS services. Interested students may fill out an application and send an email to

ccupational Outlook Handbook

The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.  Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics for a look at thousands of careers.  Not sure where to begin?  Just ask your counselor for guidance!



Image result for FAFSA

Seniors, don't miss your opportunity to qualify for the Federal Pell Grant! Complete the FAFSA here:
 School Code: 010-689

Transcript Request
Request transcripts through Mrs. Garrett in the main office.  Each request is $5 and  should be completed at least two weeks in advance of deadlines. 

Helpful Tidbits
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCCA)-  student athletes planning to play sports in college should register with the NCAA by the end of their junior year at the latest. You may register as early as your freshmen year. If you are on free/reduced lunch or are eligible for to receive an ACT/SAT test waiver, select that option when it asks you to pay the registration fee. Once you have selected that option, let your counselor know so that we can approve the fee to be waived. To register, go to

​​​​​​​​​ ​









Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.